As you might guess, we receive a large amount of requests for identification and appraisal of various arms and armor. I urge you in advance to peruse the Arms Identification pages on that section of the website; this may save you some money. Many common weapons and related can be found there. If that does not work for you, I will try to help directly, but at a fee. I will also buy your items if you wish to sell after identification or informal appraisal. If you decide to sell, I may credit or refund you the total amount of the identification or appraisal fee, once the item for sale is received in-house and a price agreed upon.
If you would prefer a formal appraisal, I charge a separate fee for that and that fee is item specific. For this formal service, I require the item to be shipped to me for an accurate assessment (no exceptions). Please e-mail Identify/Appraise.
- This is the price for the identification of one item. I will supply a basic identification and a basic value (if requested).
- I will not specifically name the variations in a particular model, only the prime model designation. This is a basic service.
- I will need one overall image, generally no larger than a 8x10 desktop type photo in jpg/jpeg format and cropped to the subject matter only. I will not accept any other format or compressed/zipped images. I will ask for additional photos if necessary. E-mail these to Identification and Appraisal; your order number must be included in the subject line.
- Please do not e-mail single image files larger than 1MB or 2MB total for multiple images; I may not open them if they exceed these limits and the server may reject your e-mail.
- If you E-mail or snail-mail any images to me for use in identification or appraisal of an item, I reserve the right to use - without further contact - those images on my website, without compensation to you (other than my efforts to assist you, however minimal the result may actually be).
- If you choose to snail-mail images, please make sure you have copies or your originals retained for yourself. We do not return images in any format and they become the property of Arms to Armor - The History Store without compensation to you for any use - past, present, or future.
- I will also need basic dimensions and description of the item being identified. Please add these to the text box in the shopping cart or e-mail as above.
- Be sure to put your order number in the subject field of any e-mails pertaining to the identification request; to get an order number, click on "Add to Cart" at the end of this section and complete checkout.
- Fee must be paid in advance and is nonrefundable; if sending a check, make payable to The History Store and state Identification Service in your memo field; mail to the address below. Payment must accompany any request.
- We will not be held responsible for any errors or omissions. Once again, this is a very basic service.
- Research materials I have available are quite substantial; however, on some items, information within those materials might be quite sparse.
- Please note: Fee payment does not guarantee an immediate response. We provide substantial information on the website on many common items. Many items - such as folding knives and ethnic or fantasy items - are simply outside the scope of this service. Once again - research materials I have available are quite substantial; however, on some items, information within those materials might be quite sparse or nonexistent. In such cases, no response will be made.