The History Store
P.O. Box 160
Llano, Texas 78643
(325) 247-2811 Inquiries
(325) 247-7944 Fax
(866) 247-2811 Toll-free Order Line
- We will always strive to put our customers first and try our very best to help you. We will try our level best to make your shopping experience here a good one.
As we strive to be reasonable in our pricing and our policies, we also expect our customers to be reasonable as well. Our very best customers are knowledgeable and informed; for the ones that are not, we will help you as best we can.
- Returns and Refunds:
- Because of the nature of some items we sell (guns and gun-related products), with very few exceptions, we do not accept returns on these products. All sales are final.
- Any questions about guns or gun-related products must be resolved prior to purchase. Exceptions to this rule may be approved under special circumstances with a 20% re-stocking fee.
- We will not accept returns - period - after 72 hours have passed since receipt, and then for store credt only.
- We will not accept returns - period - if any package has been opened, the product within has been used in any form, or tampered with in any fashion.
- We will not accept returns because - "I thought it was something different," or "I wanted it to be something else," or "I changed my mind," etc., etc. Be reasonable; help us help you. Ask questions before you purchase. We provide a toll-free number for your convenience.
- We will not accept returns because you did not make yourself available for delivery or did not make secondary arrangements with the carrier. Adult signature is required on many of our items.
- We will accept returns if the item shipped was incorrect, defective (new products only), or significantly not as described. Absolutely no unauthorized returns.
- Shipping and handling expenses are not refundable.
- Foreign Sales - Absolutely no refunds or return of items on foreign sales. All sales are final. Make note of this before you order.
- Foreign Sales - We cannot and do not guarantee receipt of any items shipped outside the USA. We cannot and do not guarantee any item will clear customs or will not be held by customs for an indefinite period. You assume responsibility once the item/package reaches your country. There will be no refunds, period. Make note of this before you order.
- We provide no warranty beyond the original manufacturer's warranty; this applies to all products. We will assist as much as we can if the manufacturer appears to not honor their own warranty, but only as a temporary volunteer liaison.
- You - the purchaser or end user - assume full responsibility for your actions during any use or misuse of any products, especially gun or gun-related products, new or used.
- We will work with you and the manufacturer as best we can to get any issue resolved (within reason).
- All used guns or used gun-related products are sold "as-is" with no warranty implied or given.
- Any used gun or kit gun (whether built by you or someone else) that you intend to shoot - with either blank, live load, or any other variant load - should be thoroughly checked by a competent gunsmith prior to shooting.
- We assume no responsibility or liability for the use of any new or used gun, kit gun, or gun-related product(s).
- You must be at least 21 years of age to acquire any gun or gun-related products from us; you must not be prohibited by law from acquiring guns or gun-related products.
- Guns or gun-related products cannot be shipped to Post Office Box numbers; a valid street address is required.
- Guns (and select other items) listed for sale above $500 must be paid via certified funds. The reason for this is complex, but in a nutshell, many credit card processing companies are anti-gun (branching into anti-weaponry). PayPal is the worst, so we do not accept PayPal for anything! We have seen businesses' assets tied up for as many as six months due to legal sales of legal firearms. These rogue credit card processing companies are attempting to deny you of your Constitutional Rights! Fight back! Do not use them!
- We accept major credits cards (with some restrictions); personal checks with a two week clearing period; certified bank checks or certified money orders (bank verifiable); and postal money orders (verifiable). All forms of payment must be verified and approved.
- All gun & knife related products require an adult (21 years or age or older) signature at time of delivery.
- Antique guns - and most reproduction black powder guns - can be shipped direct to most purchasers, provided they are at least 21 years of age and not prohibited by law (please check your local ordinances and restrictions as you are responsible); residents of Hawaii, Massachusetts, and Michigan are urged to check their state and local laws for any restrictions on ordering black powder firearms.
NOTE: We no longer ship black powder guns - antique or modern - direct in Hawaii or New Jersey; all guns ordered from Hawaii or New Jersey must be shipped to a Federally licensed dealer for transfer to you.
- ATF Title 27, Chapter II, Part 478, Section 478.11 - "Antique firearm.
- (a) Any firearm (including any firearm with a matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap, or similar type of ignition system) manufactured in or before 1898; and
- (b) any replica of any firearm described in paragraph (a) of this definition if such replica
- (1) is not designed or redesigned for using rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition, or
- (2) uses rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition which is no longer manufactured in the United States and which is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade."
- US CODE, TITLE 18, PART I, CHAPTER 44, Section 921, Definitions, (a)(3) - "The term “firearm” means
- (A) any weapon (including a starter gun) which will or is designed to or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive;
- (B) the frame or receiver of any such weapon;
- (C) any firearm muffler or firearm silencer; or
- (D) any destructive device. Such term does not include an antique firearm.
- US CODE, TITLE 18, PART I, CHAPTER 44, Section 921, Definitions, (a)(16) - "The term “antique firearm” means —
- (A) any firearm (including any firearm with a matchlock, flintlock, percussion cap, or similar type of ignition system) manufactured in or before 1898; or
- (B) any replica of any firearm described in subparagraph (A) if such replica —
- (i) is not designed or redesigned for using rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition, or
- (ii) uses rimfire or conventional centerfire fixed ammunition which is no longer manufactured in the United States and which is not readily available in the ordinary channels of commercial trade; or
- (C) any muzzle loading rifle, muzzle loading shotgun, or muzzle loading pistol, which is designed to use black powder, or a black powder substitute, and which cannot use fixed ammunition. For purposes of this subparagraph, the term “antique firearm” shall not include any weapon which incorporates a firearm frame or receiver, any firearm which is converted into a muzzle loading weapon, or any muzzle loading weapon which can be readily converted to fire fixed ammunition by replacing the barrel, bolt, breechblock, or any combination thereof.
- All modern (post-1898) and reproduction cartridge-firing guns must be shipped to a Federal Firearms License holder. You must make arrangements with your local receiving Federal Firearms Licensee [Licensed Gun Dealer] prior to placing an order; a faxed or mailed, signed copy of their valid license must be in our possession before any modern firearm can be shipped. Modern firearms must be shipped to the licensee address only.
- Most military guns manufactured before 1946 can be shipped direct to Curio & Relic License holders. You can view the FIREARMS CURIOS OR RELICS LIST at the ATF website. In this table it clearly defines as Curios & Relics:
- All Original military bolt action and semiautomatic rifles mfd. between 1899 and 1946.
- All properly marked and identified semiautomatic pistols and revolvers used by, or mfd. for, any military organization prior to 1946.
- All shotguns, properly marked and identified as mfd. for any military organization prior to 1946 and in their original military configuration only.
- As a rule, as set out in the regulations (27 CFR 178.11), curios or relics include firearms which are of special interest to collectors by reason of some quality other than is associated with firearms intended for sporting use or as offensive or defensive weapons. To be recognized as curios or relics, firearms must fall within one of the following categories:
- 1.) Firearms which were manufactured at least 50 years prior to the current date, but not including replicas thereof;
- 2.) Firearms which are certified by the curator of a municipal, State, or Federal museum which exhibits firearms to be curios or relics of museum interest; and
- 3.) Any other firearms which derive a substantial part of their monetary value from the fact that they are novel, rare, bizarre, or because of their association with some historical figure, period, or event. Proof of qualification of a particular firearm under this category may be established by evidence of present value and evidence that like firearms are not available except as collector's items, or that the value of like firearms available in ordinary commercial channels is substantially less.
- Cancellation of orders:
- On new items - cancellations are permissable without penalty up to the point of shipment. Once items are packaged, ready for pickup, and label generated, cancellations are subject to a 20% re-stocking fee.
- On used items - cancellations are subject to a 20% restock fee immediately. This is necessary due to the fact the item has been pulled from the market on your behalf, preventing sale to other parties in a limited market.
- On modern firearms -
- You must make arrangements with your local receiving Federal Firearms Licensee [Licensed Gun Dealer] prior to placing an order; a faxed or mailed, signed copy of their valid license must be in our possession before any modern firearm can be shipped. Modern firearms must be shipped to the licensee address only.
- If you place an order for a modern firearm - manufactured after 1898, breechloading, and cartridge-firing - your order will be subject to a 20% fee if you cancel because you cannot - or will not - locate a licensee to receive the modern firearm for you.
- PLEASE NOTE: Under certain extreme circumstances - such as trying to illegally acquire a firearm or otherwise circumvent the law - we are not obligated to refund any portion of your payment.
- On special orders - Cancellation is not permitted once an item has been actually ordered on your behalf by us. Exceptions are subject to a 50% re-stocking fee.
- Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii on items that require an adult signature and weigh more than two (2) pounds will incur a $50 surcharge on top of the estimated shipping. If actual shipping is less than the estimated shipping plus the surcharge, shipping charges will be the lesser charge. Shipments to Alaska and Hawaii are treated as Air, not Ground.
- We respect the privacy of all customers and do not disclose any confidential information to anyone outside the normal flow of commerce, as required, to process your order. We do not send out e-mail or snail-mail flyers or bulk-mailing of any sort, nor do we sell customer contact information to any bulk mailing service.
- We encourage everyone to check availability of items before placing an order. Our toll-free number is 1-866-247-2811 or for our direct line (your nickel) 1-325-247-2811. If we do not have an item in stock at the time an order is placed, this will constitute a back-order unless otherwise noted in your order as DO NOT BACK-ORDER (new items only). On antique, collectible, used, or otherwise limited quantity items, back-orders are not possible.
- We reserve the right to cancel back-orders after 90 consecutive days. You will be notified in that event.
- If you ask us to hold a particular item, we may do so - at our sole discretion, for a period not to exceed 72 consecutive hours. At which time payment must have been paid in full.
- We reserve the right to refuse sales of any items or any services to anyone at our sole discretion, without recourse, as we deem necessary.
- Store policies may be subject to change without notice; please review these policies on a regular basis before ordering.
- Placing an order constitutes acceptance of product(s) as advertised, the policies listed herein, and a full and complete release of liability.
- All images and text contained anywhere within this website are the intellectual property of the owner. No materials or items may be marketed, published - or used in any format for any purpose - from this website without the express written consent of the owner.